Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Have you heard of Kindle?

I almost forgot to tell you! This was my birthday present from my kids and hubby, its a Kindle and you can download any book on this. I love to read and drag them all to Barnes and Noble, (they dislike going to the bookstore....alot) all the time, so,.... they decided it would be great if I could just load books on this and never have to go to the bookstore again. I am trying to figure it out and you know how techie I am, but I am so excited! I have loaded about 3 books already....,gee I guess I will read today by the pool!! Thanks hubby and kids you are the BEST!!!!
Nadine

4 comments:

Kim Walus said...

Hi Nadine, I got a kindle for Mother's Day but couldn't wait and got it almost 3 weeks early. I just love mine and have read about 8 books on it. I still love the feel of a paper book but there's nothing like a Kindle to carry around.

I don't know if you saw THE Bookkeeper I made for my Kindle but you can see it here at Moda Bake Shop and it comes with instructions on how to make it too!

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/05/bookkeeper.html

Hugs, Kim

Lindsay said...

Hey hey! Me & my chicklets stopped in yesterday after the dentist & said "hi" to shelb & snooped around your store in search of this....

http://makemestudio.blogspot.com/2008/12/emmeline-apron-2.html

(She has a link from there for the pattern.)

Didn't find one. Other WAY cute aprons though!! I have some fabric I'd like to use so I'm going to come back to find a coordinating fabric. But I really thought you might like this. I can order it online but thought I'd check your store first. Cause I like ya!

lindas said...

I've been seriously thinking of buying one of these -- how cool! :) I'll be interested to hear how you like it in a month or two. ;)

Suppose we could get C&T or Martingale to publish books this way?

:) Linda

Joyce said...

Hi Nadine! I got a kindle for my birthday too.. from my wonderful sister!.. I love it! It is so much easier to carry around than a heavy book and I like to listen to the book while I am driving.. I love that it reads to me too! Enjoy it!