Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Yo Yo maker tutorial

I personally think that this little gadget is one of the best inventions of all time.  But I am suprised to find out how many people have not been introduced to it.  So let me introduce you.

You need
a piece of fabric (Size depends on size of maker you have)
thread
needle
Yo Yo maker


insert fabric into the yo yo maker with the wrong side up.  The smaller disk will snap into the larger disk and hold your fabric in place.
Trim fabric to about 1/4 inch from the edge of the maker.

Start stitching from the wrong side and up through.  The goal is to have the stitches inside the long holes on the outside disk.  You can see my black stitches down in them.


Stitch all the way around. 
Pop the smaller disk and the fabric out.
start gently pulling the thread.  The fabric will start to bunch and curl.  Tuck the cut edge in.

When pulled tight, tie a knot in the thred to secure and tuck into the middle.

I used the medium size maker for this tutorial.  YO YO makers are found at the shop behind the cutting table.

4 comments:

Lexilooo said...

I bought two of these at Joann's recently and have been making them ever since!

Material Girls said...

Love the yo-yo's I make them just to make them. Thanks Chris:)
Nadine

Thimbleanna said...

I LOVE the yoyo maker! I've made hundreds of yoyos with my yoyo maker -- I can't imagine making that many yoyos the way our grandmothers had to make them!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Brilliant!