Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'm Back

FrontPage.jpg
The County Loft
Sheesh!  I have been a bad blogger lately.  I just returned from a vacation in San Diego with my family and we really did not do a lot other than eat and lay around.  However, I did make it to 2 quilt shops in the area and both were fantastic.  The Country Loft was our first stop.  We took a cab and arrived at this quaint little white house that was full of the cutest doll, quilts, and all with a country twist.  The displays were so enticing and cute. I think my mouth was hanging open through the entire shop.  CUTE!!! We got to talking with the employees and a customer and, before we knew it the customer (whose name I have forgotten sorry! dang, memory) had offered to drive us to the other quilt shop.  She was so kind and we talked each others ear off all the way to the other shop.   Then it was off to Rosies Calico Cupboard where our tour guide took us in to meet Rosie but she wasn't in but took me into the classroom and introduced me and a darling lady who jumped up and gave me a hug and said she loved our blog!  I was flattered and somewhat in awe that she had heard of  us.  Rosies was ginormous!! I think they have like 15,000 bolts of fabric. So, Thank you to our friend that gave us the ride and also to those of you who read our blog.  Quilters are the nicest, kindest bunch of people you will ever meet.  I am very thankful that I get to work in a job that is so much fun and filled with the most amazing people.
Nadine

No comments: