Sunday, January 22, 2012

Thanks everyone

Wow, thanks for all the kind words this weekend.  Shelby announced to the world (practically) that I had been on a diet, and had lost 30 lbs.  Its true,  I turn 50 (yikes!) this year and decided it was time to get myself healthy and stronger.  I made a vow  that I would go in for all my "gee, your getting old" tests,  Colonoscopy, mammogram, you know the test that we all should get at a certain age but, put off.  I am trying to walk everyday, (I hate to exercise,) so I bought myself a pedometer and walk 10,000 steps a day.  This has been a journey and had its ups and downs.  Losing weight and eating healthy is a lifestyle change,  and yes, every once in a while I fall off and eat everything in sight.  I am human!!  So, here is to another 20lbs.  and all those fun Dr.'s appointments!!
Nadine

3 comments:

life in red shoes said...

You are an ispiration Nadine, thank you :)

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Rick on girl. I'm approaching 60 and want to know if I can count sewing as exercise

Maxine said...

You truly are an inspiration Nadine..Keep it up.. You made me want to get back on track with walking and healthy eating....Love your shop...One question did you follow any special diet?