Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Time to finish this quilt!

I have had this quilt top laying around my sewing room for ever!!  Today I decided I better do something with it.    I can't decide if I should make it bigger, like King size or just throw a border on it and call it done at lap/twin size.  This was actually going to be a quilt for Shelby when she turned 12, yikes she is now 20.  She doesn't love the fabric.  I made it in 30's which I love but she doesn't.  I have a love of anything done with 30's fabric.  I am out of the pink fabric for the setting squares so I would have to use something else.  Hmmm, I am going to have to ponder this one.  What would you guys do??
Nadine

4 comments:

Caro said...

I think I would just bind it. I'm not a big fan of borders unless you need to upsize it. Good luck to you.

dream quilt create said...

I think you should finish it as a lap quilt for yourself or a gift, but not for Shelby!!! lol... It is really pretty by the way. I would put a border around it of your favorite 30's print, but I bet it would be hard to pick your favorite!!!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Since she doesn't like it and you are out of your setting square color, I would finish it the size it is, and enjoy it as a lap quilt instead, then make her one that fits her bed and the colors are too her liking.

Carol said...

This is really pretty! I love 30's fabrics. I would probably put a border around it, I prefer quilts that way. What size are the little blocks?