Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Big Shot Scalloped Circle Quilt




Remember my obsession with the Big Shot Die machine? Well this is my latest quilt I have to start, It's made with the scalloped circle dies (small, medium, & large) A couple (Chris, Ashley & Jamie) of my friends made them a while ago but of course I wasn't going to start another quilt. Well, I am breaking down, I have had several come through the shop and I have fallen in love. I am not sure who made the pattern or if there even is one but it is about a 6-7 inch background fabric and then you stack the 3 scalloped circles on top of each other and raw edge applique. Cute doesn't begin to describe how adorable these are. I haven't decided what fabric to use yet, Hmmmm...., maybe the new Lakehouse Doll Dresses. I'll keep you posted with my progress!! You can buy your machine through a local Stampin Up rep.
I am off to cut with my machine:)
Nadine
PS. Rumor has it that FreeSpirit Fabric is going to be partnering with Sizzix, girls, get your machine you will love it!!!

3 comments:

onlymehere said...

I see the cutter is for paper. How does it hold up with fabric? Does it dull quickly or do the blades bend with fabric? It's so much cheaper than the Accuquilt Go Cutter so I'm really interested!

Shannon said...

Jill Swenson who designs for Stampin' Up is the one to give credit too. She lives in St. George and I bought her pattern at Lazy Daisy Cottage. Isn't it fun!

Material Girls said...

The Big Shot has worked great for me on fabric!! I love it! I have cut a ton on it and haven't had a bit of a problem. Kudos to Jill, I actually first saw the pattern from a Stampin Up demonstrator. So I think there might be a lot of variations floating around. I am constantly on the look out for new dies! It has been my favorite new toy!
Thanks ladies,
Nadine