Thursday, May 3, 2012

More furniture!

primed and ready to paint

This started out as a salmon color and end up yellow/green
Okay, I promise I will try and lay off the furniture refinishing posts after this!  With Shelby moving out I have been doing nothing but painting furniture.  So, I am here to tell you if you have been thinking about doing it "Do it"  It isn't as hard as you think.  I bought these 3 tables for $50.00.  I didn't get a picture of the before and I am so mad.  They were HIGH gloss, with and inlaid piece on the top.  Definitely not my style.  I sanded and sanded the tops, until I was in a cloud of fumes and still couldn't get the shine off of them.  So, another trip to Home Depot and 4 cans of Primer (Rustoleum primer)  I primed them. Then I added the color.  I have found that I like the Rustoleum paint better than the Krylon.   The Krylon brand had a bigger color selection but Rustoleum covers much better.  Then we antiqued it with a Rustoleum java brown glaze.  Easy Peasy!!  So, if you have something you have been thinking about painting do it!!
her end tables in turquoise 


Jeff Hardy said...

thanks for this informative post. Now you can use this sell offers directory to promote furniture import & export business.

Daryl Carver said...

looks like this furniture is wooden, if so, what type of wood is used?