Thursday, May 3, 2012

More furniture!

primed and ready to paint

This started out as a salmon color and end up yellow/green
Okay, I promise I will try and lay off the furniture refinishing posts after this!  With Shelby moving out I have been doing nothing but painting furniture.  So, I am here to tell you if you have been thinking about doing it "Do it"  It isn't as hard as you think.  I bought these 3 tables for $50.00.  I didn't get a picture of the before and I am so mad.  They were HIGH gloss, with and inlaid piece on the top.  Definitely not my style.  I sanded and sanded the tops, until I was in a cloud of fumes and still couldn't get the shine off of them.  So, another trip to Home Depot and 4 cans of Primer (Rustoleum primer)  I primed them. Then I added the color.  I have found that I like the Rustoleum paint better than the Krylon.   The Krylon brand had a bigger color selection but Rustoleum covers much better.  Then we antiqued it with a Rustoleum java brown glaze.  Easy Peasy!!  So, if you have something you have been thinking about painting do it!!
Nadine
her end tables in turquoise 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for this informative post. Now you can use this sell offers directory to promote furniture import & export business.

Daryl Carver said...

looks like this furniture is wooden, if so, what type of wood is used?