Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bathroom Cabinet Refinishing, Seriously?

This is how I finished it the new countertop still needs to be installed.
Boring! Old cabinet
I am not sure what kind of wild hair I have had lately, but, it has kept me busy.  I have been absent from the shop a lot, and people are starting to wonder?  question my absenteeism.  So I figured I better come clean and tell you what I have been doing.  My house has needed a makeover and I decided to get busy and do it.  First off let me explain, my darling hubby hates to do it himself, we hire everything out and I mean everything.  Which has been hard for me because my dad could fix anything!  Well, the bathrooms were first on my agenda.  So I trot over to Home Depot and yea, I think I like that vanity and counter.  I get home and decide "you know I bet I could paint that"  Of course my hubby says "No, don't paint it honey you don't have time lets just buy  a new one.  So, he goes out with Parker somewhere and I think, I can paint that!  After a lot of sanding, swearing and thinking oh crap I ruined it.  I will post picture of it completly finished sometime soon.  But,  I'll be back to my old self at the shop tomorrow!!  Let me know if you would like me to post a tutorial for this.
Nadine

11 comments:

Connecticut Chronichols said...

I love your "new" bathroom cabinet. I'm not sure if I want you to post a tutorial or not because I have ones that looks a lot like yours and I might decide I need to paint mine too. I have painted bathrrom cabinets before, but didn't use the eight product and they look worse now than they did in all their 1970 flux dark walnut glory. I would no have thought that was possible! Lol
Sue

Sew Much Ado said...

That looks awesome! Gives my bathroom some hope :). I'd love to see a tutorial!

Deanna said...

Please please please post a tutorial!!! Pretty please!

Maxine said...

I agree...post a tutorial!!!Maybe I could give it a try..

Brenda said...

Looks Wonderful! High FIve!

kerrynjane said...

I've been thinking about doing this in my kitchen...if I saw how you did it, it might convince me...not to!! But tutorial away!

Anonymous said...

Very impressive. Tut away!

JusticeBlog said...

please post a tutorial!

TaraB said...

Tutorial PLEASE!

bathrooms leeds said...

I love all of these, so peaceful and happy and light and airy...dreamy. In our home that we buy, I hope to have one all-white bathroom (the master bath of course) and the guest bath be colorful and fun. I can dream, right?

bathroom corner cabinets said...

It's quite impressive.