Thursday, June 23, 2011

Farmers Wife Quilt Along

Have you seen this book?  I have looked at this and thought "Someday, I am going to make this" It is a sampler quilt made with 111 six inch squares, with letters written from farmers wives in the 1920's Laurie Aaron Hird is the author check out her website.  So some really cool uber-talented bloggers are doing it as a blog quilt along.  Check out Fussy Cuts blog.  Then from week to week you can follow along while you make your blocks!!  My book isn't here yet so of course I will have some catching up to do.  I will post pictures as I get going.  Anybody else want to join along?
Nadine

6 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Everyone is doing this QAL..I can't find the book here; so far. And am thinking about ordering it from Amazon; maybe. Connecting Threads said it would be shipped in 1-2 months...too long. But it looks like lots of fun...

Carol said...

I started doing it a couple of weeks ago and I'm having a blast! They are so much FUN! Addicting! You're going to have tons of fun!

Barbara said...

I've been thinking about getting the book and now might be the perfect time to do it. Don't know if I'll make the blocks now (but would like to sometime) since I've got some other projects in the works, but I'd love to follow along with what others do.

lindsey s. said...

i have been wanting to start!! i need to get the book :) it looks so fun...

Needled Mom said...

I've got the book and have been thinking about joining in with everyone else, but haven't started yet.

Jeanine said...

Count me in