Monday, November 9, 2009

Chaos or .....Creativity?




Okay, first let me state that I love that Shelby my daughter sews! I have a sewing room downstairs but it is small and I really don't like her using it. So for the past few weeks we have been sewing at the kitchen table, (since I don't cook, we don't need it to eat at it) but, she has decided to move her fabric out there also. UGH! this is what I came home to, deep breathe! The green thing on the floor is a sewing table I bought her (that my darling husband is taking his sweet time on!) Now, I know the "where women create" will probably want to come have a photo shoot here (please call first!). My dream is to have a studio like Monica at Happy Zombie or Ann at Bunny Hill, but until Shelby gets a handle on this it ain't gonna happen! We are moving her to the basemnet as we speak....Wish me luck!!
Organizational Challenged:)
Nadine
PS~check out my new toy......the Bernina 820, (Thanks Nuttals:) I hate that it is smarter than me, but I love a good challenge!

6 comments:

Fresh Poppy Design said...

I vote creativity, since that is exactly what my craft room looks like at all time. I saw your post on my lastest craft...thanks...and the quilt ideas are in my brain, but that is where they stay, too much ADD to focus and create a new pattern...we are working on it! :)

PamKittyMorning said...

Ohhh looks normal to me.

Nedra said...

Go check out Kim (of bitty bits and pieces) for organizational ideas. She just redid her sewing room, and it made me want to clean up mine! I think it's wonderful that you have family that will sew with you. Great memories and I'm sure a lot of creativity going on.

Camille said...

Wait, its not supposed to look like that? Lucky you, lucky Shelby. Actually, double lucky you. 820??? Give me a break! So jealous!

Dad / Grandpa Thomason said...

Really, an 820? You've got to be kidding.

Joyce said...

Definately creativity:) My dining and living rooms looked like that for years until I was lucky enough to have my dream studio built. I wanted to say that I love your blog and hearing about your store. I live in Cleveland, Ohio so it will have to be a planned road trip before I get to see it in person, but in the meantime thank you for sharing and your inspiration. btw I found you thru Heather Bailey's blogsite.