Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Teenagers

Oh boy was I wrong! I thought once my kids were of a certain age it would be so much easier, but.... I am learning each age just brings a new set of challenges. Shelby my senior in HS. (who is a really great kid. ) got her first ticket last week for coasting through a Stop sign. (right after her dad and I told her there was a Stop sign at the corner of our street for a reason) Well, tonight we got the dreaded phone call...Dad, I got in a wreck...someone just hit me. We rushed out of the house (me wearing Tom's shoes) and down the street (no one was hurt, thankfully) but it is the worst feeling in the world. I hope no one ever gets that dreaded phone call. May all of you be safe this Holiday Season!
Nadine
PS Shelby insisted that I post this~it wasn't her fault!

1 comment:

dream quilt create said...

That is really scary. I know the feeling. My son was in an accident a couple of years ago. We went to the scene, and the traffic was backed up, because someone ran into him at an intersection. I wanted to get out of the car and run and see if he was okay so badly, but my husband wouldn't let me....My son was really shaken up. It is scary. I'm glad Shelby wasn't hurt.